If, by chance of fate, you are reading this, I urge you to pause for a moment, and breathe.
Do not underestimate the benefits that a pause can bring for you; it can positively impact your mental and physical health, reduce stress, increase your focus, sleep quality, and improve your relationships.
- Sit comfortably in a quiet place.
- Feel your in-breath and out-breath for 15 – 30 seconds and close your eyes.
- Check in with your body, observe your sensations and focus on your breath for a few minutes.
- Allow your mind to be free for another minute, without enforcing any focus, just observe.
- Become aware once more of the physical sensations and slowly open your eyes.
- Recognize your new state of mind.
From a developer perspective, I find this practice especially useful, it helps me restart my thought process when I’m struggling to find a solution and it reminds me to be present with whatever I’m doing.